Election-America was able to successfully assist NYC with introducing the first electronic voting election in US history and save NYC over $800,000.
For this monumental electoral process, the New York City Department of Education required a complete election management tool covering every aspect of the process. Furthermore, economic concerns required an innovative solution to streamline processes and reduce costs. The election presented a unique challenge that included:
- Hundreds of candidates
- 1 million voters
- Nominations and voting in 10 languages
- 2 separate voting rounds
- 38 different elections
- Using Election-America’s Election Manager™, New York City was able to manage every step of the electoral process, including audit checks and sending replacement ballots.
- With Election-America’s Nominations Central™, the NYC D.O.E. was easily able to manage candidate nominations and eligibility review. Hundreds of candidates accessed a custom-made and easy-to-use online application where they could submit eligibility and biographical information.
- Election-America provided an online voting website capable of servicing all 1 million voters.
- All services provided for this election were offered in 10 languages (including the nominations and voting system).
- In a unique partnership with the New York public library system and the D.O.E., NYC was able to offer hundreds of “polling places” throughout NY. Election-America is proud to offer the most accessible online voting system, usable on all varieties of computers, operating systems, and browsers.
Election-America was able to successfully assist NYC with introducing the first online voting election in US history. With an innovative and completely online electoral process, this year’s election saved the City of New York over $800,000.
Watch a 30-second video about the NYC Department of Education’s election here.
“Working with your team has provided the Department with valuable insights and information about how to further improve parent-leadership elections. The value of an online system has definitely been well-highlighted and welcomed.” - NYC Department of Education
Contact Election-America today to learn how we can help optimize your election.